Halloween is on 31st October.
It's an old festival.
Halloween comes from Scotland and Ireland.
The name „Halloween „ means the day before All Saints` Day.
In the past people believed that ghosts came back to Earth(planeet Maa) on this day.
Today many people around the world celebrate this old festival.
People dress up in costumes and make a noise for Halloween.
People have parties and tell spooky stories about witches, skeletons, bats and ghosts.
People put a lantern outside their house to be friendly to the spirits.
A Halloween lantern is made from a pumpkin.
At Halloween people play a game called „Trick or Treat“.
Tricks are jokes and treats are sweets.
Guess Halloween words.
- a woman with magical powers who flies on a broom
- a big pot in which witches cook their meal
- a witch`s pet, usually black in colour
- a monster that has fangs(kihvad), drinks blood and sleeps in a coffin
- a box where vampire sleeps
- a small animal that likes to weave a web
I`m looking forward to your answers !!!